Musings of a YA author throwing herself into the fray. Join me on the journey ...

Thursday, July 7, 2011

International Kissing Club

Hi Everyone!  Happy Thursday :)  Continuing in the vein of introducing IKC to everyone, here are a couple fun excerpts from the book:

“So, I’ve been thinking about the whole Facebook page.  Do we have all the rules for the International Kissing Club laid out?”
“I’m pretty sure,” Cassidy said.  “I mean, how hard is it?  Kiss a boy, get a point.”
“Don’t forget the three points for a really good kiss,” Izzy added.
“Can I just say how much I absolutely love that?” Piper commented.  “Three points for a transcendent kiss.”
Cassidy coughed.  “Transcendent?  I’m not expecting an out-of-body experience, Pipes.  It’s just a kiss.”
“Just wait,” Izzy said.  “When you get a really great kiss, you’ll thank us.”
“Absolutely!” Piper said.  “I can’t wait!”
Mei scrolled through their page, until she found the rules, then asked, “Are there bonus points?”
“Bonus points?” Cassidy asked incredulously.  “For what?”
“I don’t know.  I just thought I’d ask.”
“Of course there are bonus points!”  Piper nearly bounced out of her seat as an idea occurred to her.  “You get five extra points if you kiss two different guys in the same week.  Ten if you kiss three.”
“Three guys in a week?” Cassidy shook her head.  “I thought you were trying to escape Germaine, not become her.”
“Oh, Please,” she said. “I think I have a little more class than that.”
“I don’t know,” Mei said.  “You kiss that many guys, things are bound to get messy pretty fast.”
“Right,” agreed Izzy.  “I think we should get bonus points for kissing the same guy twice, too.  Or five times.  Whatever.”
“Why would you want to waste your ten weeks abroad kissing the same guy when the world is filled with super-hotties?”
“Amazingly, Piper, there are many other things to do in Europe besides kiss hot guys,” Mei said with a shake of her head.
“I know that.  It’s not like I’m planning on kissing 24/7.  But what’s the point of getting stuck with the same guy for ten weeks?  This is probably our only trip out of Paris before graduation and I don’t plan on wasting a second of it.”
“I think Piper’s right,” Cassidy said out of the blue.
“You do?” Izzy asked, incredulously.
“Absolutely.  I definitely have no plans to get serious with a guy.  Do you two?”
“What would be the point?  We’re going to be there less than a semester,” said the eminently practical Mei.
Piper leaped on her friend’s words.  “Exactly!  That’s what I’m saying.  We only get points for kisses from new guys.”  She giggled.  “I can’t wait.”
“I think I’ve figured out your going away present,” Cassidy smirked.  “I’m getting you a giant box full of Chapsticks.”
 # # #
The International Kissing Club
The Official Rules and Guidelines for the International Kissing Club
Info
·        Kiss and be kissed
·        Often
·        One point per kiss. Three points if it really makes you shiver …
o   Bonus points: Five points for two guys in one week and ten points for three
o   Kiss and tell




2 comments:

  1. I can't wiat to read this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.
    The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish.
    nonetheless, you command get got an impatience over that you wish be delivering the following.
    unwell unquestionably come more formerly again as exactly the same nearly very often inside
    case you shield this increase.

    my blog; best cellulite treatment

    ReplyDelete